Friday 18 March 2016

1 Year Blog Anniversary!

52 reviews later, and a year has passed by... Crazy! I can remember writing my first ever review 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday (Deluxe Album Review)' click on the link below if you would like to read it, and perceive your own judgement on whether I have progressed or gone down-hill!

http://musicblog89.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds.html

Overwhelmed does not even come close to how I am feeling right now! By social media allowing me to share my love and passion for music it has made me more thick-skinned and as a consequence of this, I have gained a stronger sense of self-confidence. For people to actually take my opinion into account and to value my opinion, is a really motivating feeling. Life is full of swings and roundabouts; yes I have experienced a difference in opinions and conflict during writing my reviews, but it is the experience I have needed to get me prepared for doing the course at university. Therefore as a celebratory special for me actually being committed to something for once in my life, I am going to do my favourite 30 albums; because I cannot narrow it down to 10 and there is no way that I could refine it into a numerical scale value of which is best. I am also going to do my top 10 guilty pleasure albums - but in a numerical order (1 being the most embarrassing) I would love it if you could let me know if you think I put them in the right or wrong order, so don't be afraid to comment or message me! Here it goes!

My Top 30 Favourite Albums -

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Richard Ashcroft - Keys To The World
Kula Shaker - Pilgrims Progress
Duffy - Rockferry
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs
Oasis - The Masterplan
The Jam - Setting Sons
The Who - Who's Next
Jamie T - Panic Prevention
Florence + The Machine - Lungs
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - United
Paul Weller - Stanley Road
Blondie - Parallel Lines
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Beady Eye - Different Gear, Still Speeding
Dire Straits - Money For Nothin'
Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley
The Beatles - A Hard Days Night
Happy Mondays - Pills, Thrills, N Bellyaches
Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston
The Style Council - Your Favourite Shop
Frank Sinatra - My Way
The Drifters - Love Games
The Verve - Urban Hymns
The Charlatans - Tellin' Stories
Ian Brown - Music Of The Spheres
Primal Scream - Screamadelica
Jackson 5 - Goin' Back To Indiana
ACDC - The Razors Edge

My Top 10 Guilty Pleasure Albums -

1. WHAM! - Make It Big
2. Akon - Freedom 
3. Bon Jovi - The Circle
4. James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
5. Grease - The Original Soundtrack
6. Taylor Swift - Speak Now
7. Celine Dion - These Are Special Times
8. Ed Sheeran - +
9. James Morrison - The Awakening
10. Ben Howard - Every Kingdom

I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported me through my blog, and to everyone who has supported my ambitions of being a music journalist - and also to those who have followed my blog from the beginning. Your actions really do mean a lot! Onwards and upwards! Have a good weekend folks and there will be a gig review up on Sunday!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment