Sunday 29 March 2015

Catfish and the Bottlemen @ The Institute - Birmingham

As soon as I got into the gig, me and my friend soon discovered that our ticket lead us to unreserved seating, right at the top of the venue. Considering we presumed that we were going to be standing, we were very annoyed as you could probably imagine. However, I managed to get us into the floor below so we weren't right at the top.

Furthermore, Catfish and the Bottlemen were supported by Little Comets who created a positive atmospheric crowd, making everyone roaring to watch Catfish and the Bottlemen.

'Pacifier' was a smashing performance live, the whole crowd was singing along and McCann's vocals could be heard from a mile off. Every single individual who was at the gig knew every word to every song; creating a booming atmosphere and I loved every minute of it.

The guitar and drums remain outstanding throughout every single songs performance, they were just unreal. 

'Business' had the crowd going insane too, every single person at that gig knew every word. I just couldn't believe how outstanding each performance was and how the crowds energy remained so strong from the beginning right to the end of the set list.

'Hourglass' is a personal favourite of mine and it was performed perfectly, again receiving a great reaction from the crowd; with everyone singing along like their life depended on it.

Fortunately, I recorded nearly every single song on my snapchat story so I can recollect what the gig was like - even if people did get rather annoyed with me. But you could just hear the echo from the crowd, once McCann projected the lyrics - I've never been to a gig like it.


My favourite performance of the night was 'Homesick' as the person who accompanied me at the gig was my best friend, and well it's sort of our song due to an inside joke. The whole crowd was cheering along and towards the end people were even clapping to the beat!


You could not go wrong for £12.50 a ticket! Even though there were touts outside the venue selling the tickets for £50 - I would've payed that much to see them, if I didn't already have a ticket. To top it all off, once the gig was finished I managed to buy a Catfish and the Bottlemen tour t-shirt with all of the dates and venues on the back and their signature 'The Balcony' album cover on the front - for just a fiver!
The 28th of March 2015 was easily one of the best nights of my life. I would more than recommend to see them live, and listen to them if you haven't already. They have definitely lived up to my expectations and beyond! I cannot wait to hear rumours about a second album being released! They are going to be the next big thing, it is inevitable
10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment